Friday, July 24, 2009

The Harlequin Chair

This chair is so much more stately than I think people realize, and such a statement piece!

It began a Craigslist find from a dealer one town over.  It looks pretty good in this picture but the upholstery was worn really badly and torn.

This chair went all the way down to the springs as I wanted to redo the wood a little bit as well.  It was a nasty yellowish tint before and now it is a lovely antiqued amber.

The seat was rebuilt from all new materials and I chose this fabulous "harlequin" pattern that I had been saving for just the perfect match.

This is the back, I never trust backs without extra support so I added some straps to make it even more sturdy.

The finished product...after french-tufting, rope welting and a million feet it seems of nailhead trim.  So beautiful and so elegant.

No comments:

Post a Comment